Reference No: HR-1406
Salary : £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Posted On : 22/06/2020
Location : Brixton
Closing date : 19/07/2020
Purpose and Accountability
The Human Resources Manager is a new role to guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs to ensure best practice and the ongoing development of a great work force. The position is part of the Senior Team and reports to the Director.
· Practical application of TUPE on a regular basis;
· Managing the process of reorganisations within the business;
· Compliance to employment legislation & regulatory concerns regarding employees;
· Policy development and documentation;
· Manage the recruitment process in partnership with Senior Team;
· Responsible for all areas of induction of new team members in partnership with Senior Team
· To assist and advise managers regarding all Human Resources issues
· Supporting and/or leading any Grievance, Capability, Absence or Disciplinary processes;
· Leading on Performance management and improvement in partnership with Senior Team;
· Compensation and benefits administration, in partnership with Systems and Senior Administration Manager;
· Close liaison with payroll
· Implement a learning & development framework from assessment of needs to training;
· Lead on and promote employee safety, welfare, wellness and health, in partnership with Senior Team;
· Ensure compliance with Quality standards frameworks e.g. Best Company, Audits from Funders, taking a lead role when required.
· To provide strategic leadership for the HR function.
· Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
· Support change management processes
Employment, Training and Development
· Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures.
· Development of Managers in recruitment.
· Coordinates all training programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees.
· Ensures the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans and monitors the process.
· Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses organisation training needs including training needs analysis, sourcing and delivery of relevant training, Arranging and implementing induction, management development and the measurement of training impact.
· Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
· Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the training budget.
· Ensures maintenance of employee training records.
· Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the organisation on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
· Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
· Lead on annual surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement in line with Quality Policy.
· Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
· Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in any Disciplinary Actions of the organisation. Supports the implementation of a performance improvement process with employees on performance management. Attends hearings as required and taking a lead role when needed.
· Manages the process of redundancy if it arises.
· Leads the implementation of organisation health and safety programmes.
· Reviews employee appeals through the organisation complaint procedure.
· Leads organisation compliance with all existing employment law. Maintains minimal organisation exposure to lawsuits.
· Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves information submitted as required. Serves as the primary contact for legal advice.
· Periodically reviews the legal advice and insurance for employment issues.
· Protects the interests of employees and the organisation in accordance with organisation Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Minimizes risk.
· Contributes to the organisation wage and salary structure, pay policies.
Working with Unique Personnel you can benefit:
Requirements for Care Assistants / Carers